Thursday 23 January 2014

VFX Post Production: VFX Breakdown

The scene that I choose to look at or my visual effects breakdown was the one where the man is about to be stepped on by the T-Rex as this scene has a lot of elements to it as I wanted to pick a scene that had CG in it. I wanted to ensure that I had picked a good scene so that I could show that I was able to add in a number of different and correct elements into place while still enabling them to look good. For this scene to look how it did a number of different layers were added onto it to ensure that I created the right effect.

The steps to create this scene were:
1. The footage is added into place
2. The green screen is taken away
3. It is replaced by the virtual background created in Maya
4. The shadow of the T-Rex is added in
5. The T-Rex foot is added
6. Motion blur is added onto the foot as it comes down
7. Background particles are added in

No comments:

Post a Comment