Thursday 24 October 2013

Velociraptor Concept Art Development

After I had all of my initial ideas sorted out, I started by drawing out my final concept art. When thinking about it for the Velociraptor I knew that usually I would have thought up initial ideas and then start to develop them, but because I already had the model that I took pictures of previously, I decided to just use this as this is what I wanted mine to look like; the model also has unique markings on it that I can use as well. I think the concept art turned out really well, and due to the fact that I also have a 3D model of it, I can use this and the artwork to help me when it comes to modelling it later on in the project.


I then took it into Photoshop to be able to start adding colour onto it, as you can't really see the markings on the drawing above. I started by adding my image into the software.


I then made all of the black lines darker and more harsh and then also made all of the white whiter to be able to colour it better. At this point as well I also added in the end of his tail as I couldn't fit it on the page when I originally drew it.


I then used an image of my model to be able to colour it in and copied all of the marking on it as well. Here I think I made my image a little bit too green but I knew I could change this later, I also added some areas of yellow onto his face and brown onto his legs so that he looked like he had more colouring on him. I really like the way this turned out but I wanted to have an extra play around with the colours first to be able to see if I can get a nicer shade to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment