Wednesday 11 December 2013

PPP2: Independant Study

For my personal and professional practice this year I wanted to focus my study down more onto an area which interests me the most, and that is game environment and prop design. At the moment I am still unsure of what I want to get from my experience at university but I know that I am most interested in this area. For my own personal study and practice into this area I wanted to get more involved in game development and also using Maya itself as I only know basic functions and details about it. So, what I am proposing is a study taken from the book Maya Studio Projects: Game Environments and Props by Michael McKinley. This book I came across in the College library and thought it was brilliant as it has separate chapters dedicated to teaching different aspects of Maya as well as going over a couple of basics as well.

The different sections which are covered are divided into different tasks in which I will attempt to complete one every week over the course of the year. The different sections are as followed:

Chapter 1 - Walls, Ceilings and Floors
Understanding Backgrounds
Project: Creating a Brick Wall

Chapter 2 - Foliage
Understanding Foliage
Project: Creating Ivy
Project: Creating a Savannah Tree

Chapter 3 - Weapons
Understanding Weapons
Project: Creating and Animating a Western Revolver

Chapter 4 - Vehicles
Understanding Vehicles
Project: Building a Dune Buggy

Chapter 5 - Buildings
Understanding Buildings
Project: Building a Skyscraper

Chapter 6 - Illuminations
Understanding Illuminations
Project: Creating a Wall Sconce

Chapter 7 - Ambient Movement
Understanding Movers
Project: Creating an Industrial Fan

Chapter 8 - Putting It All Together
Project: Creating a Sci-Fi Prop

No comments:

Post a Comment