Monday 18 May 2015

Personal and Professional Practice 3: 'Engage' Studio Brief - Studio Visits

As I have nearly finished university I wanted to start emailing some companies hoping to get a chance to go and see their company. I am currently trying to apply for jobs at the same time but a lot of them need a lot of experience before they will even consider you. So hopefully by getting a studio visit or even an internship with them would be a brilliant way of getting into the company. I wrote a brief covering letter to send off to the different companies that just explained a little bit about me and what I'm interested in doing.

To whom it may concern,

Good afternoon, my name is Megan Sugden and I have just finished my university degree studying Digital Film, Games and Animation. I am very passionate about video games and strive to become an environmental artist. I am incredibly interested in the work that our company does and I am very interested in seeing how your company runs on a daily basis. I have recently just finished a University project where I created a game inspired by 90s gaming and one that appeals to a target audience of 5-10 year olds. I have currently got an online blog, which can be found here (Online Blog) and a constant stream of videos documenting my current progress can be found here (YouTube).

I am inquiring whether you do any unpaid internships with your company or whether there would be a chance to come down to your studio for the day to observe your work and talk to the team about how you work through a project and pick up some tips about how to get into the industry.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours Sincerely,


Megan Sugden

I send this off to a number of different companies and hopefully will get some responses.




No comments:

Post a Comment