Monday 18 May 2015

Personal and Professional Practice 3: 'Position' Studio Brief - CV

For our project we had to have an up-to-date CV to be able to get in-touch with companies and be able to send them my portfolio. It has come in really handy recently as I have started to apply for a jobs that are of interest to me. My CV is a little bland at the moment, but at the moment I have been trying to contact companies to get any work experience or internships with them so that I can keep adding to my CV over the next few months.

99 Keble Park South, Bishopthorpe, York, YO23 2SU
07947 600 298
meg.sugden@hotmail.co.uk
Megan Sugden
Personal Profile:
From a very early age I have always been interested in video games and always found a lot of time to indulge in this aspect of my life. Since moving into University I have made my hobby into a job opportunity and currently enjoy working on environments for video games. Learning this has given me so many new skills that involve collaborating with others to get tasks done and ensuring that work is done to a high standard and on time. I have a very enthusiastic and positive attitude that allows me to get very involved in many different projects that will help me gain further skills and knowledge in my area of expertise. 

Key Skills:
·         Maya
·         Photoshop digital painting
·         Unity
·         Skills in C# and JS for creating scripts for game levels
·         Advanced skills in Microsoft Office

Experience:
I was the Student Representative from 2012-2015 for my course and feel that it gave me the necessary skills to get involved in any issues that people on my course may have and bring it up with the tutors in order to resolve the problems.­
 
Completed a D&AD brief in 2013-14 for a module which involved me working as part of a team in order to make a 2 minute short film that aimed to show the effects on a person who was suffering from depression and was self harming. It was a fantastic experience that really opened up the situations people are put in when under the stress of depression and the film provoked some really exciting responses.

Education:
Leeds College of Art 2012-2015
BA (Hons) Digital Film, Games and Animation       Results Pending (June 2015)

Tadcaster Grammar School Sixth Form 2010-2012
Three A Levels        Graphics (B), ICT (B), Fine Art (C)

Tadcaster Grammar School 2008-2010
Nine GCSE's            A-C grades (Art and Graphics, A)

Hobbies and Interests:
At the moment in my spare time I enjoy going to the cinema on a weekly basis to see the new films that are out, and at home play a lot of video games, old and new, Indie and AAA. I love going for long walks with the dogs as well and love learning new software that will help me in my studies in addition to designing and creating environments and assets for video games.

References:
Available on request



No comments:

Post a Comment