Friday 6 February 2015

Extended Practice Ideas, Development and Finalisation of Own Level Story

I then wanted to go into more detail about my own back story that will be featuring in the game. As I now know where my level will be set, Giza in Egypt, I can look more into the story of this individual level and I really wanted to ensure that I looked at a range of different ideas to pick out the best one, and one that will work with the main story ideas as well. We wanted to keep the story throughout very simple but give it a comedic twist to make the character seem a little bit of a joke so that in the end he can prevail.

Initial Ideas
The first thing that I did was come up with a number of different ideas of stories that could take place, some involving the enemy character some involving no enemy to some with all of the enemies. I wanted to look at a large range so that I could then narrow it down. The idea that I liked most out of all of these was the one of the right-middle, how the enemy has made the pyramid's disappear as there are a lot of different possibilities to how it could have happened and it also has the chance to be humourous at the same time.

How the Pyramid Disappeared Development
I then wanted to look at how the pyramid disappeared and again came up with a umber of different possibilities to how it could have happened. I took this opportunity to look at lots of different possibilities, some more far fetched than others and I wanted to give a humourous spin on most of them to keep with the theme of the entire story. The one that I liked the most was the one in the bottom right and looks at how the enemy is trying to trick the character by putting a huge board in front of one of the pyramids. He will then go onto saying that he will bring it back if the character finds the ancient relics and artifacts in the tombs of the pyramids. The trick that the enemy is playing is that they have badly drawn a deserted landscape onto the board and the top of the pyramid can actually be seen sticking out of the top, oblivious to the character. This is what gives the idea a comedy twist and the idea that the character is gullible to begin with could be altered by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment